GM Quick Lube Tech
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Posted On: January 01, 2021
Last Day to Apply: January 31, 2021
Quick Lube Tech (Entry Level) – Hudiburg Chevrolet
Why wait to make a career out of doing what you love? Some of our best master technicians started as quick lube techs. So if working on cars gets your gears moving, contact us today! Hudiburg Chevrolet is the top volume Chevy dealer in Oklahoma and we have an opening for a motivated Quick Lube Tech in our high-volume service department. As a quick lube tech, you’ll start by being responsible for the first line of service for our customers. And with a little hard work and dedication, who knows where you’ll be able to go? At our Hudiburg Chevrolet, the door is always open. And so are your options.
- Perform multipoint inspections
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentiasl, rear axle housings and shackles
- Check tire pressure
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Add water to radiator and battery
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
- Must meet dealership’s requirements for employment
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires a significant amount of walking and/or standing. May also require working in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs. This position may also require working at a production pace while pushing and/or pulling materials from place to place.
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with other dealerships.
Benefits include generous medical, vision, dental and life insurance for full-time employees. We provide a 401K retirement savings plan with company match after a year. In addition we provide vacation time, holiday pay, and training.
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
Hudiburg opened its doors in 1957 and we're still family-owned. We believe being family-owned makes a difference to our customers. There's a level of trust and comfort you can't get anywhere else. We're staffed by some fantastic people: smart, honest, and hardworking. It's our pleasure to be involved in a wonderful community and to serve our neighbors' needs.