GM QUICK LUBE TECHNICIAN
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Last Day to Apply: October 31, 2020
Quick Lube Tech (Entry Level) – Automotive
Why wait to make a career out of doing what you love? Some of our best master technicians started as quick lube techs. So if working on cars gets your gears moving, contact us today. As a quick lube tech, you’ll start by being responsible for inspecting and lubricating vehicles quickly and thoroughly. And with a little hard work and dedication, who knows where you’ll be able to go? At our dealership, the door is always open. And so are your options.
- Perform multipoint inspections
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentiasl, rear axle housings and shackles
- Check tire pressure
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Add water to radiator and battery
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
- Must meet dealership’s requirements for employment
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires a significant amount of walking and/or standing. May also require working in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs. This position may also require working at a production pace while pushing and/or pulling materials from place to place.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
Hudiburg opened its doors in 1957 and we're still family-owned. We believe being family-owned makes a difference to our customers. There's a level of trust and comfort you can't get anywhere else.
We're staffed by some fantastic people: smart, honest, hardworking people. It's our pleasure to be involved in a wonderful community and to serve our neighbors' needs.
Thousands of Oklahomans have passed through our doors and we have no plans to change that in the future.